In this 3-part series, legendary stationer/graphic designer Nancy Sharon Collins will show how to use text in your work. This remote NOCCA Institute adult learning class meets virtually on ZOOM.
Classes meet Wednesdays, 6pm-7:15pm, from April 14, 21, and 28, 2021. $199 for the series until March 15, $255 thereafter.
Students will explore the stylistic and expressive potential of typography as a critical element of graphic design solutions. Learn the basics of using professional typographic practices including type anatomy, basic page layout for clear, readable and legible documents, and basic composition and information hierarchy.
What You’ll Need:
• A computer or tablet with an internet connection.
• Basic familiarity with ZOOM.
• The ability to send and receive emails with attachments.
• Access to and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Docs, or Canva software.
• Access to an office/desktop printer.
• Ability/acuity in converting Word, InDesign, Pages, Docs, and/or Canva documents into PDF format.
Prerequisites: Like all Creative Class offerings, this class is limited to adults 18 and older.
Proceeds from this workshop support The NOCCA Institute‘s many programs for students, faculty, and the community.